Emergency Pet Care
Animal Medical Center of Austin is equipped to provide critical care and emergency surgery during regular office hours. We recommend adding our phone number and address to your phone’s contact list in case you ever need it quickly.
Animal Medical Center of Austin - 1536 E Anderson Lane - (512) 832-4119
In the event of an emergency, please call our hospital right away. This will give our team the time needed to prepare for your pet’s arrival.
If you have a pet emergency after hours, we recommend calling:
Central Texas Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Hospital - (512) 900-2778
South 4434 Frontier Trail, Austin, Texas 78745
When to Bring in Your Pet for Urgent Care
We recommend that you call us immediately if your pet is experiencing any of the following:
- Choking or having difficulty breathing
- Hit by a car or suffered blunt-force trauma of any kind
- Ingested a foreign object such as a toy, sock, or string
- Ingested something poisonous
- Profuse bleeding
- Inability to move or stand
- Unusually warm or cold
- Having a seizure
- Loss of consciousness
- Excessive vomiting and/or severe diarrhea
- Blood in stool
- Unable to pass stool or urinate
When in doubt about your pet’s condition, call us—our team will be more than happy to answer your questions, offer advice, or set up a room so we can see your pet.