Animal Medical Center of Austin is committed to a lifetime of wellbeing for your pet. Even in times of uncertainty, we remain your most trusted source of veterinary information.
This is why we encourage you to call us at (512) 832-4119 first with any questions or concerns you may have about your pet’s health. Big or small. Complex or simple. Our clinic is open and available for appointments. We can provide you with the answers you and your pet need and deserve. Consider our veterinary healthcare team as your go-to resource for accurate medical advice.
We also understand that you may want to research your pet’s condition online.
We get it.
Many of us investigate our own health issues on the internet and it makes sense you may want to do the same when dealing with concerns for your pet. But as with all internet search results, not all information is accurate. Because the care and safety of your pet is our topmost priority, we want to make sure the online information you get doesn’t do more harm than good.
Here are a few tips to help you sort credible from questionable:
- Don’t be afraid to call us for an appointment. We may be able to see you same-day.
- Look for the credentials of the author of the article you are reading online. Make sure the information is written by a veterinary healthcare professional.
- Search on veterinary college websites because the quality of information is likely better. You can add “veterinary college” or “veterinary school” after the name of the disease or condition you are researching.
- Be suspicious of business-sponsored sites due to the potential for biased information.
- Make sure the information is current (less than five years old).